Urban Forest Analytics offers clients high-quality research and technical writing, taking advantage of the training and experience gained in doctoral work. We are often asked to investigate in depth the current state of research concerning a particular topic of interest to a client. This service allows the client to make decisions and create policies based on an understanding of the results--and lack of results--of the best available science, providing a firm foundation for important positions.
Examples of past research topics examined under contract include:
- Trees and clean air
- What is known about the capabilities and limitations of trees to purify the atmosphere?
- How could tree planting be incorporated into State Implementation Plans?
- What procedures are necessary for large-scale tree planting?
- Tree emergency procedures
- How can tree managers prepare for disaster?
- What steps should they take once it strikes?
- What is the best way to communicate this information to the target audience?
- Hurricane debris (Research partner: Christopher J. Luley, Urban Forestry LLC)
- How does the quantity of debris generated by a hurricane depend on wind speed, vegetation density, etc.?
- Can it be predicted in a reliable fashion?
- How can data be collected and processed quickly?
Please contact us if you have a topic you would like to see investigated in depth.